Awareness of the technologies developed by ARTI is generated through lectures to rural audiences, participation in rural exhibitions, articles written in local daily papers and magazines, and through live demonstrations and field days. ARTI also imparts training in many of its technologies. Although these training programmes are directed towards training potential rural entrepreneurs, they are also open to the interested layman. ARTI has dormitory facilities to house about 40 trainees at a time, a lecture hall, live demonstrations and audiovisual equipment.
For those who wish to learn more about ARTI’s technologies and products from the comfort of their home, ARTI has made available VCDs and booklets at nominal prices.
Training programme modules
Although ARTI’s training modules are already standardized, courses are also arranged according to the requirements of the trainees who may wish to combine two or more modules, or who may wish to learn only specific parts of a particular module and not the entire module.
Module 1: Nursery Techniques
Module 2: Crop production on permanent raised beds
Module 3: Treatment of bamboo and wood and their use
Module 4: Biomass burning chulhas and fuel from light biomass
Module 5: Plant tissue culture
Click here for module content
Technology Information – Video CDs & Booklets
For ARTI’s most popular technologies, video CDs giving step–by–step explanation in lucid style have been developed.
- Technologies Developed by ARTI: Nursery Business, Permanent Raised Beds, Bamboo–A Gold Mine (VCD available separately in English and Marathi)
- Technologies Developed by ARTI: Charcoal from Sugarcane Trash, Compact Biogas Technology (VCD available separately in English and Marathi)
- VCD of short promotional films on ARTI’s improved cookstoves (in Marathi)
For those who want a complete overview of ARTI’s R&D activities, we also offer booklets covering all of ARTI’s technologies. These booklets and the above VCDs are available against payment.
- Rural Technologies Developed by ARTI (booklet available separately in English and Marathi)
- Improved Biomass Fuels and Cooking Devices developed by ARTI (booklet in Marathi)
Click here for costs and contact details